So you started a blog and the first topic you choose to tackle is weddings! Why?!
Let’s time travel back to 2018. The only “Corona” most of us had ever heard of was a beer commonly served with a lime, masks were only worn by medical professionals or on Halloween, international travel was unlimited, and “social distancing” wasn’t a household term by any stretch.
My now-husband Cullum and I shared our first date back in 2018 on June 27. Our story technically starts a few days prior, though, when we both “swiped right” meaning we matched on an app called Bumble. We unexpectedly ran into each other in downtown Nashville a day later and arranged our first date from there. Coincidence? We think not!
Stay tuned for a future series about how we met. Dating in the digital age is NO JOKE and I’d love to be a resource for anyone contemplating giving it a go!
Cullum proposed on May 15, 2020, smack dab in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic on an island on Percy Priest Lake in Nashville. Care to hear our proposal story? Let me know and I can share that as well! I might be a little biased, but it’s pretty special if I do say so myself! 😉
Travel regulations complicated wedding planning and finally we decided it would be best to pick a sooner-rather-than-later date and roll with it. I mean, we were both 30 after all… why wait?! Thus, the great 61 DAY wedding planning extravaganza took off!
So now, why a blog?
- Planning a wedding can be super stressful – and I think we can all agree there’s enough stressors out there without adding wedding plans in the mix!
- I surprisingly had way too much fun planning our wedding – and would love to help make YOUR wedding planning process (a friends’ planning process) a breeze!
- As mentioned on the “About Me” page, I’m a self-proclaimed “word nerd” who has entirely too much to say out loud so pen and paper is where I prefer to turn.
- During the wedding planning process I joined a few helpful groups on Facebook which gave me an outlet to share a bit about our planning. This then got me thinking (writing) and the idea for a blog started taking share!
- No, it won’t ALL be about weddings, but my first few entries will be centered on weddings since that’s what I happened to write first.
- I’m also aiming to use Swiped a Stirling to build awareness for businesses and organizations I love to support.
You’re now officially invited to join me on this journey! I thank you in advance for your grace in the times that I goof up, patience when I share things that you might disagree with, and trust that anything shared here is from the heart – my imperfect, human, always open-to-feedback heart. ❤
Unless otherwise noted, all wedding photos are by the ever-so-wonderful Chesley Summar Photography.
Connect with me on Instagram @estirling_ and subscribe to this blog to come along for the ride. Let me know what topics you’d like to hear about and I’ll see what I can do!
Have an idea for a blog topic? Visit the “Contact” page and reach out. I’d love to hear from you!
Please note that some of the products recommended on this site could be partnerships where I might receive compensation for sales associated with them. I will only promote products that I truly use and love.